Every Friday a group of men from our church meet at IHOP to discuss a chapter in God’s Word. For the last few months we have been working through Hebrews. Today, we met to discuss chapter 11, which is commonly known as the Hall of Faith.
What Faith Does
During our study, one of the men shared a list he jotted down about the things faith does. Here is the list he shared:
- Faith is Evidence of things hoped for | God’s promises.
- Faith gives us Understanding | Knowledge of creation.
- Faith results in Action | Abel’s righteous sacrifice; Noah built an ark.
- Faith is Obedient | Abraham left his home; he placed Isaac on an altar.
- Faith gives Strength | Moses overcame his fear.
- Faith changes our Desires | We now seek a heavenly home.
- Faith results in Miracles | The crossing of the Red Sea; the defeat of Jericho.
- Faith obtains Promises.
- Faith obtains Victory.
- Faith Raises the dead.
- Faith allows us to both Receive and Endure torture and persecution.
- Faith allows us to Persevere through poverty and hardship.
- Faith is required to Please God.
As you can see, our faith does many things, which is the key. It is an active faith; a faith that works. It is not a faith that sits by idle. It changes our heart and causes us to act, which is why James tell us faith without works is dead (James 2:14-26).
Question for Reflection
- How do you see your faith working in your life?
Co-Author Mike Blankenship – Mike is a member of Sycamore Baptist Church, where he serves as a Deacon, as well as a teacher of our Adult II Sunday School Class.
5 thoughts on “What Faith Does | Hebrews 11”
Pingback: This Day With God
Pingback: The Perfecter of Our Faith: Into Which Our Faith Depends From Start to Finish. | Bear Veracity
Pingback: An Act Of Obedience « It Just Dawned On Me
Pingback: The Perfecter of Our Faith: Into Which Our Faith Depends From Start to Finish. – Ron Rodriguez
Pingback: The Perfecter of Our Faith: Into Which Our Faith Depends From Start to Finish. | Ron Rodriguez