Hi! My name is Casey. I am the Senior Pastor of Sycamore Baptist Church, husband to my beautiful wife Jennifer, and father to my two sons – Camden and Bryson.
This is my personal blog. My desire is to challenge, edify, teach, and create conversations. While I am the primary writer, I also want to hear from you. I believe greater growth comes through conversations, so please, feel free to tell me what you are thinking and challenge my positions.
While I pull from many sources – books, news articles, personal experiences, my teaching series, etc – my primary focus is the gospel. Specifically, how it both saves and sanctifies. With that in mind, you can expect my posts to be gospel-centered, devotional, practical, pastoral, and culturally relevant.
I typically post 1-2 times a week. I would encourage you to subscribe via email so you won’t miss a post. The subscribe link is found in the right sidebar.
I was born and raised in Savannah, GA. After high school, I attended the University of Georgia, where I earned a BS in Biology in December of 2004. After receiving my degree, I moved to Atlanta and began a career in recruiting and sales.
After working in the Atlanta office (HQ) for 10 months, I was selected to assist in opening the companies first satellite office in Dallas, TX. Dallas was a blessing. Not only did it provide opportunity for career advancement, but it was where I met my beautiful wife. 16 months after our first date we were standing at the altar to be married.
In May 2009, we moved to Fort Worth, and I began seminary at Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary. I graduated with a Master of Divinity in December 2011.
After seminary, I accepted a call to Sycamore Baptist Church in Decatur, TX, where I am currently serving as the Senior Pastor. You can learn more about our church, our ministries, and listen to my weekly sermons by visiting our website SycamoreDecatur.com.
Along with my ministry responsibilities, I am currently pursuing a doctorate in expository preaching at The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary. My project is focused on how the Bible is connected together as one book that is centered on Jesus.
I am passionate about the gospel of Jesus, preaching, teaching, discipling, and engaging the community. My desire is to be a disciple who makes disciples that impacts the community and world for Christ.
My Top Posts
- 11 Characteristics of the Self-Righteous
- Judge Not, What Does it Really Mean?
- 10 Ways to Get More Out of Your Daily Devotions
- How Do You Know If You Are Ready for Jesus to Return?
- How Do We Redeem Our Work?
- Why Do We Rebel?
- The Sanctifying Work of the Holy Spirit (Part 1), (Part 2), (Part 3), (Part 4)
- Colored Eggs, Scavenger Hunts, or the Resurrection
- The Key’s to Unity
- Judge Not is Not a Shield to Hide Behind
- Thoughts on Seminary from a Graduating Seminarian
- Prayer, Assurance, Questions, and a Right Perspective
- Community: Why is it Important?
- How to Get Our People and Ourselves on Mission
- Our Story is Written by God
- Celebrate the Savior for He is Risen
- What Does it Mean to be Godly?
- The Good Shepherd: Teaching us how to shepherd our family
You can also check out my Category List (bottom footer), which lists posts by category, or use the search function on the top of the right sidebar to find other posts that might interest you.
Lastly, if you would like to connect with me through social media, you can do so through about.me or by hovering over the about me widget found just to the right. There you will find links to my Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, and my other ministries.