I spent last week in Louisville, Kentucky visiting friends and attending Together for the Gospel. The time with friends and the conference was a blessing.
This years conference was subtitled Unashamed. It’s focus was evangelism. While it is a common tactic to make evangelicals feel guilty for not evangelizing the lost, I appreciated that that was not their tactic. Instead of focusing on guilt, they focused on the power of the gospel to make men alive in Christ.
Some motivations that stuck out to me where the ones Thabiti Anyabwile gave. He specifically provided five of which I have highlighted below.
5 Motivations to Call Others to Repent
(1) Repentance is for the joy of heaven, the church and Christ.
(2) Repentance is calling someone to see worth in God’s sight.
(3) Repentance is a call to gain heaven’s greatest pleasures.
(4) Repentance isn’t emphasis on do’s and don’t’s, but on seeing God as He really is.
(5) Repentance is a call to what God calls beautiful.
Question for Reflection
- What other gospel-centered motivations would you add to the list above?
If you would like to hear Thabiti flesh these points out, you can watch his message here.