This last Sunday I preached in view of a call at Sycamore Baptist Church. The Lord graciously revealed His will, which was that He was calling me to Sycamore Baptist as their Lead Pastor. I accepted the call, and I will be installed as their new pastor on February 5th. I am extremely humbled that the Lord has chosen to use me to lead His church. I consider it a privilege and honor to serve and lead the members of Sycamore Baptist Church in Decatur, TX.
Jen and I are both excited about this opportunity, and we are looking forward to seeing what the Lord has in store for us and the church in the future. Please be in prayer for us as we make this transition to a new city and a new church.
You can specifically pray for us in the following ways:
- Pray the Lord would give me the wisdom to lead His church.
- Pray the Lord will reveal to me what I need to teach through both on Sunday Mornings and Wednesday Bible Study.
- Pray the Lord will bless us with young couples to befriend and invite to the church.
- Pray the Lord will allow me to find a few men to meet with for accountability and discipleship.
- Pray the Lord will allow the church to be a light to the community, reaching it for Christ.
- Pray the Lord will allow our transition to a new city and church an easy one.
8 thoughts on “The Next Chapter”
That is awesome news Casey. We are excited for both of you and for the congregation in Texas. Preach the Word and may Jesus be exalted. To God be the glory! Great things He has done.
Thanks a lot. I appreciate the encouragement to preach the Word. And Preach the Word I will do!!
And preach the Word you did! Great sermon this morning and I appreciate the context of John’s writing and the sound doctrine. John is a credible witness. Left me considering my credentials and how/if I demonstrate that the same can be said of me.
Thanks for the encouragement, Mike. I really appreciate it.
I’m happy for you and your new congregation!
Thanks Todd. I appreciate it.
So cool…very excited for you and Jen in this next phase of your ministry!
Thanks John. Hope you are doing well.