Hi! My name is Casey. I am the Senior Pastor of Sycamore Baptist Church, husband to my beautiful wife Jennifer, and writer.
This is my personal blog. My desire is to challenge, edify, teach, and create conversations. While I am the primary writer, I do not desire my blog to be my own personal sounding board, I want to dialogue with you about these topics because I believe greater growth comes through conversations. So please, feel free to tell me what you are thinking and challenge my positions.
While I pull from many sources – books, news articles, personal experiences, my teaching series, etc – my primary focus is the gospel. Specifically, how the gospel is the A to Z of the Christian life, not just the ABC’s. With that in mind you can expect my posts to be gospel-centered, devotional, and doctrinal.
I will typically post 2-3 times a week. To make sure you do not miss my newest posts, you can subscribe via email subscription, which can be found in the right sidebar.
If you would like to connect with me through social media, visit my about.me page.
My Top Posts
- The Sanctifying Work of the Holy Spirit (Part 1), (Part 2), (Part 3), (Part 4)
- Colored Eggs, Scavenger Hunts, or the Resurrection
- The Key’s to Unity
- Judge Not is Not a Shield to Hide Behind
- Thoughts on Seminary from a Graduating Seminarian
- Prayer, Assurance, Questions, and a Right Perspective
- Community: Why is it Important?
- How to Get Our People and Ourselves on Mission
- Our Story is Written by God
- Celebrate the Savior for He is Risen
- What Does it Mean to be Godly?
- The Good Shepherd: Teaching us how to shepherd our family
You can also check out my blog archives (right sidebar) for every post I have written, or use the search function on the top of the right sidebar to find other posts that might interest you.
Hi, my name is Casey Lewis. I was born in Savannah, GA, went to the University of Georgia, where I earned a BS in Biology in December of 2004, after which I moved to ATL to start a career in sales.
My time in Atlanta lasted 10 months. I was then off to Dallas to open a satellite office and to meet my beautiful wife. 16 months after our first date we were standing at the altar to be married.
In May 2009, we moved to Fort Worth, and I started seminary at Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary. I graduated with my Master of Divinity in December 2011.
I am currently serving as the Lead Pastor of Sycamore Baptist Church in Decatur, TX. You can learn more about our church, our ministries, and listen to my weekly sermons by visiting our website SycamoreDecatur.com