Hi! My name is Casey. I am the Senior Pastor of Sycamore Baptist Church, husband to my beautiful wife Jennifer, and father to my son Camden.
This is my personal blog. My desire is to challenge, edify, teach, and create conversations. While I am the primary writer, I also want to hear from you. I believe greater growth comes through conversations, so please, feel free to tell me what you are thinking and challenge my positions.
While I pull from many sources – books, news articles, personal experiences, my teaching series, etc – my primary focus is the gospel. Specifically, how the gospel is the A to Z of the Christian life, not just the ABC’s. With that in mind, you can expect my posts to be gospel-centered, devotional, culturally relevant, and doctrinal.
I typically post 2-3 times a week. I would encourage you to subscribe via email so you won’t miss a post. The subscribe link is found in the right sidebar.
If you would like to connect with me through social media, visit my about.me page. There you will find links to my Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, and other social media profiles.
My Top Posts
- 11 Characteristics of the Self-Righteous
- Judge Not, What Does it Really Mean?
- How Do You Know If You Are Ready for Jesus to Return?
- How Do We Redeem Our Work?
- Why Do We Rebel?
- The Sanctifying Work of the Holy Spirit (Part 1), (Part 2), (Part 3), (Part 4)
- Colored Eggs, Scavenger Hunts, or the Resurrection
- The Key’s to Unity
- Judge Not is Not a Shield to Hide Behind
- Thoughts on Seminary from a Graduating Seminarian
- Prayer, Assurance, Questions, and a Right Perspective
- Community: Why is it Important?
- How to Get Our People and Ourselves on Mission
- Our Story is Written by God
- Celebrate the Savior for He is Risen
- What Does it Mean to be Godly?
- The Good Shepherd: Teaching us how to shepherd our family
You can also check out my blog archives (right sidebar) for every post I have written, or use the search function on the top of the right sidebar to find other posts that might interest you.
Hi, my name is Casey Lewis. I was born in Savannah, GA, I attended the University of Georgia, where I earned a BS in Biology in December of 2004, after which I moved to Atlanta to begin a career in sales.
My time in Atlanta lasted 10 months. I then transferred to Dallas where I opened a satellite sales office. Dallas was a blessing because it was where I met my beautiful wife. 16 months after our first date we were standing at the altar to be married.
In May 2009, we moved to Fort Worth, and I began seminary at Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary. I graduated with a Master of Divinity in December 2011.
I am currently serving as the Lead Pastor of Sycamore Baptist Church in Decatur, TX. You can learn more about our church, our ministries, and listen to my weekly sermons by visiting our website SycamoreDecatur.com